The Benefits of Massage
Massage is vital for relaxing tight and tense muscles. Many people don’t realise how much a tight muscle impacts on important things such as posture. A tense muscle can throw off your body’s balance. Before long, muscles that were not initially tight begin to tense as they compensate for other parts of the body. This then becomes a chain reaction that can spread far from the initial problem spot.
Some of the benefits of massage are:
- Massage helps to reduce pain by the release of endorphins (endorphins are also known to elevate the mood).
- Relieve physical dysfunction – an overly sore muscle cannot function properly.
- Reducing stress and anxiety by relaxing both mind and body.
- Creating a feeling of well-being and enhanced self-esteem.
- Improved circulation to the skin, causing increased nutrition to the cells and encouraging cell regeneration.
- Enhancing blood flow; delivery of fresh oxygen and nutrients to the tissues is improved and the removal of waste products, toxins and carbon dioxide is hastened via the venous system.
- Can help temporarily to decrease blood pressure, due to dilation of capillaries.